Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Week 87- Exchanges, Teaching and a Big Dog

  Last week my husband and I were able to register Elder Schaff for classes for fall semester. This week we had the opportunity to pick his dorm room and bed assignment, so we had some questions on that for him to answer. We are trying hard to meet all of the deadlines on this end, while he works hard and continues to focus on what he should be focused on- missionary work! He seems to be working diligently and had a good week in Madera.

  "Alright, here's a copy of what I've mostly sent today, but I'll add the details:

  Well, I had a good week. Any troubles in the District were resolved via exchanges. I killed off all the pride problems. It was a miracle. The Spirit did most of the work.

  The Mission got technology, and everyone has been obsessing over it. The craze should calm down now, after this first week. We've had to make the adjustment though. When used properly, it's been a huge blessing. My companion and I have been visiting members uber fast.

  I used Duolingo today to learn a bit of German. I've got to honor my ancestors!

  We met with our Bishop and made a better plan to work with the ward. He wanted us to work better with members to teach more people in member homes. In ward council though, we didn't stick to that, and we kind of got wrecked by members not wanting to support us. But it's okay. I counseled the Elders to stay positive and continue ministering to the members so we can build greater trust in this ward.

  I caught a dog... that I accidentally let loose some how.​



​  I think that's my companion playing with it. We were barbecuing with a member and then we were throwing the dog a football and it broke off of its chain. We chased it around the yard for a good five minutes trying to pin it down again.

  We taught an English class too, and helped some Mexicans learn the days of the week in English and how to set and accept appointments.

  I put together a pretty sweet District Meeting for today. I hope it goes well. I'll be talking about why we serve: Because we love Jesus Christ. I studied a lot for it, so I hope that it will be successful in helping the Elders see a greater purpose in their callings.

  And we played 4 square today. It was a good investment to buy the ball for five bucks. Brought back the days of the MTC!

  So that's my week. Here's the rest of my pictures:

Some of the Elders in my District




How to Make Guacamole


Mexican Powerade- ElectroLIT! Hahaha. 

  As for the other things, out of nowhere, Elder Royce and Elder Austin were asked to move to the other District and live in Fresno. It makes sense, because they spend more time in Fresno than Madera. I guess President and the assistants realized it used a lot of miles. One of the assistants also approached me in Zone Conference about the fact that my district had 11 Elders, so I suspect that was part of that move too. It will lighten my load, but I was actually excited to work with them and teach them.

  Since a big house is lonely with two Elders, they are moving Elder Lilly and Elder Murray in with us, which will be good. They've become friends of mine. Elder Lilly is in the picture with the filter. Then he and Elder Murray are in another picture as companions.




  We visited a less-active member whom we thought was Hermano B, turns out that was his cousin. He is not on the directory, and under a different name! He is excited to come back to church though, and we had a good lesson with him and his family.

  Overall, it was a good week. Let me know if you have questions, but I think that does it!!!

The Vineyard


Love you mom! (and family.) 

--Elder Schaff

No comments:

Post a Comment