Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 86 - Scripture Study and Samsungs

  Unfortunately, I had a lot of information to run by Elder Schaff by email this week, and so he didn't have much time to write about his week, after addressing all of it. His Dad and I need to register him for fall semester classes this week, so we had a lot of questions for him and information to pass on after I spoke to his academic advisor. It feels like I am a freshman majoring in biological engineering, and for now, I am. However, when he returns home, I will be happy to let him take over and complete the online modules, orientation, take his math placement exam and his foreign language exam for credits, etc. I don't think that I would score well on a Spanish language exam! I took Spanish in high school, but that was a long time ago and I only remember random vocabulary words and key phrases like, "donde esta el bano?" ha ha. I love that Hayden is teaching in Spanish though, and he had a good week, here is his news, and a bonus- a toilet photo!

  "I had a pretty normal week, so I don't have much to write really. Elder Wyne and I are still doing great. We've had some good lessons with the people we found to teach last week, the Spirit has been there, they just haven't reacted to it yet. Most of our week was spent visiting members, or trying to do so. We found about 15 households that had moved away!

  My studies were also really good this week. I've continued my Book of Mormon challenge into the index, and I am finding a lot of spiritual patterns and small gems that I looked over when reading it through. It's harder to read than just straight scriptures, but it's worth it.

  I also finished Ecclesiastes this week and started Isaiah on Saturday. It was interesting. Ecclesiastes has no real mentions of the Atonement at all, but it does teach that promises/oaths (covenants anyone?) with God are the most important things to keep. And though all physical things are temporary, there is still a lot we can and should do in this world to have joy, which includes: family life, doing things you enjoy (that don't harm others!), gaining wisdom, creating things, obeying God, etc.

  I have read the first 10 sections of Doctrine and Covenants, and have started reading some Conference Talks! When proselyting doesn't work out, I love my studies!

  The Zone Leaders and I are working on addressing the pride/gossip problems in the district. Things seem to be better than last week though, some misunderstandings were clarified.

  Alright, that's about all I've got!

--Elder Schaff

  Also, I just remembered that I forgot about trainer/trainee. The meeting we have after 2 weeks of training. Elder Wyne and Elder Austin, (The trainee of the other missionary in our house, Elder Royce) were the only ones to not raise their hand that they "were having a tough time with their trainer" when they had separated the trainers and trainees for a break-out session. They told us about it that night and said that they were grateful that things were going well. It's been a blessing to serve with Elder Wyne. It hasn't been hard at all!

  The only hard thing is that the missionary work is a bit slow, but we get new phones tomorrow, so that's a plus. Maybe it will help us work faster and better!"

Also, that's how my toilet works! We are going to get Elder Tardiff from the mission office
 to help us fix it hopefully.

That will be the phone change. That is the Zone Leader's.

No comments:

Post a Comment