Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Week 74 - Rain, Fog and Interviews

  Not much news from Elder Schaff this week, that's just how it goes sometimes. It would be really exciting if he were able to go to Yosemite next week, he has seen very little of his mission area and never gone anywhere of interest that I can recall, I hope that works out for him. It would be worth another limited email week. This is what he managed to write with the time that he had.

  "Well the schedule for today didn't work out too well. As such I've had a full 30 minutes to email. I'll cover as much as I can."


  "Alright, here I go. I have a photo of Elder Baconawa this week. It should be the last one.

  Well, things got better this week. We didn't meet any bitter people and we did manage to find some people to teach. On Monday and Tuesday it was raining all day. The valley really needed it, but it got our car and apartment a bit dirty. After it cleared up things got clean again though. There was also some thick fog this morning and I think Thursday. It was like see 20 ft away from you thick. When I turned on the brights in the car they looked like laser beams!

  Last Tuesday feels like it was forever ago, but thus is the manner of time passing in the mission field, paradoxically short and fast.

  Trust is building with the Ward members as well. I think this area will slowly progress. It won't be easy. It never is easy. I always think that somewhere out there is an area that just always does well, but I don't think that's the case. Usually things are difficult.

  There were interviews with President Mackay on Wednesday. He gave some good counsel, but other than that, he really just told me to get to work and I'd be blessed. He said he trusted me with the area.

  Peace in Christ is the trending song amongst the missionaries right now. #2018YouthAlbum

  Sorry it's short. next week will probably be bad too, but for a good cause, we managed to set up a trip to Yosemite for next week. Ask questions I guess! So long! 

(I wanted to share a spiritual thought, but I had no time to think, next time.)

Love you all!

--Elder Schaff

Elder Schaff with Elder Morales Aguayo at the transfer hub on January 2nd.

With Elder Rogers at the transfer hub.

Saying goodbye to his companion, Elder Noyes, at transfers.

New companion, from the Philippines, Elder Baconawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment