Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Week 98- Shoes & Sheep

  Sounds like Elder Schaff had a good birthday last Friday, he split his news between emails to me and his Dad again this week.

  "I did open my birthday box on Friday. It was a great birthday! Much better than last year's difficulties. We actually went on an exchange with two companionship's down in Fresno that day. It was for us to help the District Leader down there; he was concerned for them.

  So, I was smart and opened the tape and everything on the stuff on the 28th, but didn't look at it. Then I had fulfilled the rules, so I was able to enjoy everything Friday morning. Thank you so much for the package! 20 of most everything was creative and fun for the day. We will enjoy the things you sent us.

  This week went quite well, I described the week best in a letter to Dad, so I may just copy and forward that part so I can get all the highlights to you. No sense in re-writing a good piece.

  I'm really enjoying the end of my mission here. I feel extremely blessed, and know I will be well prepared for life to come after all of this.

  Also, for Dad, I think he asked me my hottest day in the mission. Parlier hit 114º one day. We'll see if July will push it higher this year. It's always unpleasant to be outside this time of year, but we get by. People appreciate our efforts as well, when it's hot like that."

--Elder Schaff

  
  "Hey Dad!

  How's it going? We had a wonderful week of miracles and blessings as we served with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. On Wednesday, (Maura's birthday!) we got up at 6:15 and used just about every minute of the day to bless others, all the way to calling and supporting other missionaries until 10:25 at night. It was a 100% consecrated day, and it blessed me greatly; I experienced a great spiritual growth.

  What are you doing (types of jobs/tasks) at work this week? I just found out today that Elder Fuller's dad is also an accountant.
   
  I continue to see the Lord's hand extended to bless us, and even myself personally. The area started to take flight. We found another friend, María, she will definitely reach the waters of baptism at some future date as long as we continue to be patient. She is the wife to be of a member in the ward, who flew her in from Mexico so that they could get married and she could stay here. She's seen how the Gospel blessed his life, and wants to learn more. She is very interested in the Book of Mormon as well!

  Some other potentials that Elder Fuller and I have contacted also became friends. We were able to work with some of them, and we currently have about 7 friends that are solid to actually meet with us and progress.

  We began a sports night for the youth; it was a great success. Elder Fuller and I have made a goal to go forth and contact all the youth, there are 89 on the records for just the 12-17 age group. This has been a prosperous endeavor, because the Ward has decided to really support our efforts in this, and we see opportunities to involve them. Additionally, we are finding many part-member families, as many less-active youth are kids that past missionaries baptized, that did indeed have faith, but no support system.

  It gets better! Elder Fuller found an activity stemming from Elder Bednar's quote about technology: "Turn the trickle into a flood," a media tag called "#SweeptheEarth. We've been making videos and post according to this 30 day challenge, and it's allowed us to get something going, since media hasn't been a big tool in Spanish work. We are obtaining more contacts via Facebook Messenger as well when we street contact. I know the Lord has provided Elder Fuller for me this last transfer to fully consecrate each moment, and accomplish all that we can. Elder Fuller has helped me improve my character in ways that are super valuable for days to come after the mission. The Lord is doing great things with me Dad!"


-Love ya Dad!

Exchange with the Assistants to the President


Teaching a lesson to kids at President's house with some other Elders.


After nearly 2 years I ripped through the shoes I brought out. Good thing I brought 2 pairs!!!

And someone is keeping sheep in Madera! 




--Elder Schaff

No comments:

Post a Comment