Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Week 95- Final Transfer and Companionship

  We are getting down to the end of Elder Schaff's mission. This week he begins his final transfer. He had to say good-bye to Elder Wyne this week, they had been serving as a companionship for 12 weeks and had worked well together. He also said goodbye to Elder Tapia, who had been with both he and Elder W the last 6 weeks, and was the other Zone Leader with Hayden. Now he has a new companion for this final transfer, Elder Fuller, who he is training as a Zone Leader. There is a lot of training and teaching on missions! This was his abbreviated news this week.

  "Well, I ran myself out of email time.. sorry about that Mom.

I will write more next week, and try to put it into more detail. I expressed some thoughts to Dad.

My companions got transferred, I will be training a new Zone Leader, Elder Fuller. He came in when I was in the mission office.

Here's this week in a few photos. This is a really bad job, but I'll write more soon!"







(Not too satisfying of a read, and I have no explanation for the photos, but here is the email that he sent to his Dad...)
 
  "(Michael had thanked Hayden for sending him a birthday card last week) You are welcome Dad. We have grown a lot together. My mission has really helped me to find myself and my course, and I am confident in my future.

Sorry, I'm really getting distracted in this email lab. All the missionaries are here today, and there is an active discussion ongoing.

There are some activities going on, so I'll be brief and try to write more thoroughly next week. It's been a great week though. The companionship did wonderfully, and one of our investigators, "C", began to progress. That's hope for the future! 

Both Elder W and Elder T got transferred, which is what I expected. It would be too easy to have either stay, but Elder W couldn't stay in a Zone Leader area, so that was inevitable. 

I am getting Elder Fuller. He has been out for 11 months, came in when I had entered the mission office. I'll be training him to be a Zone Leader. A fitting conclusion to the mission. The Lord has not failed me in providing challenges.

I'm glad you all watched the youth devotional. I printed out the copy and read it on Saturday. It was really inspiring and filled me with the joy of the Holy Ghost. I was going to suggest that you and the youth make sure you watch it, because it was so powerful; I'm glad you were able to have that experience. President Nelson is very clear about his invitations.

I love ya Dad!"

--Elder Schaff

No comments:

Post a Comment