Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Week 78 - Same Area, New Companion

  I knew that transfers were hitting this week in the CFM. Elder Schaff knew he would have a new companion, as Elder B has completed his mission, and is returning home this week. So, he told us about his new companion, and that he will remain in his current area of Chowcilla for the next 6 weeks. Here is the news directly from Elder Schaff-

  "Alright, the workings of Chowchilla:

  Yes, Elder Baconawa is departing. It's been crazy, as he's tried to prepare his travel plans. He is trying to change his Visa status, and all should be well for him to do that actually, but it's been a process.

  Transfer calls came, and I will be staying in Chowchilla. My companion will be Elder Laughlin. I have been called to be a District Leader once again. President informed me that he would hold off on me training for now. He responded to my revelation concerning the area, and said that he did actually feel in agreement of that revelation, (that it should be closed for 2-4 transfer cycles) but that he would like to delay a transfer further to execute it. So, that's the conclusion of that matter, a bit odd, but I'll take it.

  To be honest, I wasn't the happiest of campers the night when I was told I'd be staying in Chowchilla, but I accounted to the Lord for whatever anger I'd felt there the next day, and was relieved with the part 2 call that I'd receive Elder L. (Transfer calls are Saturday and Sunday here, to reduce gossip) Elder L came in when I was first in the Mission Office. He has good energy and isn't too tense or disagreeable. I've been around him a bit at various missionary meetings and he's been quite nice. I think everything will work out nicely, he'll help Chowchilla out and help me figure out what we're going to do for a whole new 6 weeks.

  But to answer your question, if I was training, I would stay with a companionship for Tues-Thursday morning and then meet my trainee on Thursday.

  We made some Melchizedek Priesthood rescue visits this week, once again. We also went out to the country and visited the members out there. Quiet again.

  Elder B and I have become good friends. These last two weeks we really bonded. I'll catch him through the web once he's gone! He was grateful for my love and friendship, reporting that he has had many rough companionships. I'm glad I could end that on a good note.

  Well, that's that. I finished Psalms this week. I found an Old Testament Seminary guide in the apartment, (this being a few weeks ago) and made my O.T. study plan of action. I read the summaries of Genesis to 2nd Chronicles, but I read Ruth, cause why not? It's 4 chapters. Then I decided I'd start in Ezra, and go forward, skipping Song of Solomon of course. So I've read Ezra-Psalms. I was never a fan of Psalms because random people would try to sell their doctrine using them, but it would be completely out of context. My appreciation of Psalms did increase though. It was still a search for quality spiritual truths, but they are in there. The best ones mainly teach us of the nature of God or Christ, (gotta pay attention to the context of what "Lord" we're talking about.) or of the righteous Saints and the house of Israel.

   I study about 20 minutes of the O.T. a day, and 40 of the Book of Mormon. I plan to reduce the O.T. time to study Preach My Gospel more though.

  Finally, some pictures of our companionship, our district,​ and muscles!!! Ha ha. We've had a good transfer.


Our District

Elder Schaff and Elder Baconawa

Our companionship



Muscles




--Elder Schaff
  
PS- I've been gaining weight! (Muscle I hope) Elder Baconawa and I have been hitting the local gym each morning for exercise, and he's been working me good! I should have taken before and after pictures of my biceps, ha ha! So now I'm 175 lbs, but I feel alright with that. I haven't developed a large gut or anything, so I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment