Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Week 56 - "I work 40 hours a week at a desk job now, so I'm pretty much an experienced adult."

  The great thing about Saturday being Elder Schaff's preparation day is that I'm so busy, that by the time I remember to look for his email, it has hit my inbox! It's always great to hear from him. This is his current news-
 
  "Well, I agree with the Book of Mormon prophets. I guess this is the point in my life where it all begins. The days blend seamlessly together now, except for the 30 minutes of exercise time, that does not blend! It wakes me up! I say I agree with the prophets based on this line: "saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream" Can you find that phrase? It's a new non-doctrinal favorite of mine.

 In reality, not much else has happened besides the things I described. I could list off all the office work I've done, but that would be rather boring. I like doing it, but it's nothing to write home about at the end of the day, so I won't! (HAha)

  There was an emergency transfer that took place in the Mission, so two of our nights for proselyting were shot as we helped with the errands of delivering cars and other items. Other than that, we visited some members and set appointments with some former investigators, but they fell through. Besides my training period, this is probably the slowest the missionary work has gone for me. It's a huge shift from being in an area where our finding mainly came from our own efforts to being here where the conditions make it ripe for member referrals, and barren for much else. Elder B and I continue to visit the members we don't know in order to be of service to the Ward. Great things are happening within the Ward actually, we've helped a few people along the way. I feel successful, just not on fire...yet. 

  There will always be great prospects in the area we are assigned. I'm curious to see if the work done in the Mission Office is proportional to the success we have in the field though, haha. 

  That's all I've got! I work 40 hours a week at a desk job now, so I'm pretty much an experienced adult. I ask my companion how the job went, then he asks me about my day, then we have dinner, and work for the salvation of souls in the evening. You could say we know about life more than most missionaries. We're also a typical church-going family minus the "saving souls" at night part, that's a more rare profession these days."

--Elder Schaff

No comments:

Post a Comment